Rangooni Val 1 cup
Onion 1 chopped finely
Tomato 1 big chopped finely
Ginger and garlic paste 2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1tsp
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Kitchen king masala 1 tsp (Optional)
Oil 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
1) Soak Val in 3 cups of water overnight.
2) Pressure cook Val with 2 cups of water for 2 whistle (I also add a small stick of cinnamon and bay leaf to this to for nice aroma).
3) Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it splutters add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2 mins.
4) Then add onion and fry until onion turns translucent.
5) Add tomato, turmeric and cook until tomato becomes soft.
6) Add drained Val, coriander powder, salt, red chili powder, mix well and continue to cook on medium low heat for 5 mins.
7) Do not throw the drained water from cooked Val. If the curry seems dry add little drained water.
8) Then add garam masala, Kitchen king masala powders. Cook for another 5 mins.
9) Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
10) Serve hot with roti.
Vidhas of "Appetizing Recipes" has given these lovely awards. Thank you dear for remembering me. I am honored.
I would like to pass this award to all my blog friends who appreciate my work with sweet comments and suggestion.