Sweet potato 1 medium
Oil 1 tblsp
Rice 1 cup soaked in water overnight.
Dry red chillies 4
Coriander seeds 1 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Ajwain 1 tsp (Optional)
Tamarind paste 1tblsp
Jaggery small piece
Coconut 1/2 cup
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1) Peel and cut sweet potato into thin circles.
2) Soak the sliced potato in warm water with ¼ tsp salt for 10 mins.
3) In the meantime grind soaked rice with other ingredients to smooth paste by adding little water at a time. The batter has to be little thick.
4) Heat the pan, dip the potato slice in the batter and arrange in the pan to form a round shape.
5) Let it cook for 5 mins on 1 side (medium low heat). Then flip and cook the other side also for 2 mins.
6) Serve hot rotti with ghee and pickle or any chutney.