Boiled rice 1 cup
Coconut ¼ th cup
Baking soda 1tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee/Oil to grease the idle plates
1) Wash and soak boiled rice in 3 cups of water overnight.
2) Drain the water and grind the rice with coconut and salt adding little water to a coarse paste.
3) Add baking soda and 1/4 cup water to the batter (Should be of dosa batter consistency).
4) Now grease the idly plates with ghee/oil and pour the batter to idly plates.
5) Steam cook for about 30 minutes (It takes more time than normal idly to cook).
6) Serve hot with any chutney or Sambar.