Seemebadane (Chayote Squash) 2 peeled and cubed.
Green chili 1
Tamarind 2 tsp
Jaggery small piece
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Hing a pinch
Curry leaves 1 strand
Red chili 3 small
Urad dal 1 tblsp
Oil 1 tsp
Coconut 1 cup
Salt to taste
1) Heat oil in a pan, add urad dal, red chili and fry for 2 mins and set aside.
2) In the same pan add cubed squash and drizzle some water. Cover and cook for 2 mins.
3) Add turmeric, Tamarind water, and jaggery, salt and cook until squash is cooked.
4) Now grind squash mixture and fried urad mixture with coconut. (Do not add water).
5) Season it with mustard, hing and curry leaves.
6) This chutney can be served with hot rice, dosa and idly.