Rice 2 cups
Urad Dal 1 cup
Channa dal or toor dal 2 tsp
Poha 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1) Soak rice, urad dal, channa dal and fenugreek in water for 4 to 5 hours.
2) 10 mins before grinding wash and soak poha in water.
3) Grind rice mixture and poha together to a smooth batter by adding little water at a time.
This batter should not be watery.
4) Add salt to the batter.Let it ferment overnight.
5) Pour the batter on the heated pan (do not spread more as this dosa has to be thick).Pour little oil on top(i did not).
6) Close the lid and cook for 2 mins.
7) Flip over and cook for 1 min.
8) Serve hot dosa with saagu and chutney.