All Purpose flour 2 ½ cups
Walnut ½ cup toasted
Pecan ½ cup toasted
Baking powder 1 tsp
Unsalted butter 1 Tblsp
Soy Milk ¼ cups
(You can use plain soy milk. I have used chocolate flavored soy milk)
Egg replacer powder mixture
[1 ½ tsp egg replacer powder + 2 tblsp warm water (instead of 1 egg)]
Confectioner Sugar 1 ¼ cup (1 cup for dough and ¼ cup to drizzle on top)
Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
1) Coarsely grind toasted pecan and walnut in a food processor and set aside.
2) In separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
3) Add butter and sugar in a large bowl. Mix these using hand electric mixers.
4) After 2 mins add vanilla extract, soy milk, flour mixture, egg replacer and ¼ Th of the pecan-walnut mixture to the wet ingredient. Mix well until combined.
5) Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
6) Take 1 Tblsp of the dough and shape the dough to any desired shape (I have made oval shape) and roll it in the pecan-walnut mixture.
7) Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
8) Place on baking sheet and bake for around 15 mins one side, rotate and bake the other side also for 15 mins.
9) Once removed from the oven transfer to wires racks and add confectioner sugar on top.
10) Store in an airtight container.
This goes to Madhuram's Egg Replacement Event - Egg replacer powder