Monday, January 26, 2009

Caramelized Apple With Vanilla Icecream


Hi Friends, Vidhas of “Appetizing Recipes” has passed me the refreshing Lemonade award. Thank you, Vidhas for considering me worth for this award. I like to celebrate my first award with all my fellow bloggers. I cannot send sweets to all of you so I thought I will make some dessert and post here. This is for all you friends. Thank you.



I love to watch food network. Chefs with different view on the same subject FOOD.One day I was watching Chef Danny Boome show and he made a dessert using apple and ice cream which I liked the most (I love apples), Then I found so many similar recipes in food network. So I made a little change and came up with this recipe. Most of the chefs used cookies or Graham Crackers. As I did not have any of these in hand, I came up with honey roasted corn cereal. My husband and I liked this combo.





INGREDIENTS:


Unsalted butter 1 tsp

Granny Smith apples 2 peeled and sliced.

Cinnamon ½ tsp

Nutmeg ½ tsp

Brown sugar 1 tblsp

Honey roasted cereal ½ cups (You can use cookies also)

Vanilla ice cream



METHOD:


1) In a pan add butter when it is warm add apples and sauté on medium low flame for 2 mins.


2) Then add cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and cook for another 5 mins and apples are caramelized. Turn off the heat.


3) In a trifle cup layer warm apple, cereal and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle little honey on top and enjoy.



I would like to pass this award to Asha, Uma, Archy, Veggie Belly, SMN, Keerthana and Rekha .



15 comments:

Ashwini said...

Congrats on you award.Apple with ice cream looks yum. I love the cinnamom flavour with anything. Nice dessert and thank you for the sweet....Keep going..

veggie belly said...

aww..you are so kind Pavithra, thankyou!

FH said...

We all love Apple cinnamon pie with Ice Cream as well, so yummy.
Thank you for the award, P. Enjoy your's too, always nice to be appreciated! :))

Uma said...

Thanks for the delcious lemonade Pavithra! Congrats on yours too! Icecream is so mouth-watering. Would love to try it even in this winter :)

Andhra Flavors said...

lovely idea, that looks good

Aarti Kaul said...

Congratulations on winning the award. Keep posting new recipes. Caramelized Apple Icecream looks delicious.

LifenSpice said...

that recipe sounds really good. I too love apples and would love to try this.
Congrats for the award and thanks dear for remembering me:)

vidhas said...

It is my pleasure pavithr, apple and icecream looks yum, nice click.

Finla said...

Delicious, may i had that glass please.

Gita Jaishankar said...

They look so yummy, warm apples melting on vanilla icecream yum :)

Unknown said...

dessert looks so gorgeous..

Sia said...

very very appetising pic :)

Archy said...

Wow, Sweet way of celebrating ur first award with this ice cream,.. Congrats Dear !!
Thank you for thinking of me !!

Pavithra Kodical said...

Thank you all for stopping by and appreciating. I am glad you all liked it :)

Finla said...

Congrats with the awards and the icecream looks so yummy with the aples.