Whole wheat spaghetti ½ pound
Mixed Vegetables (Carrot, Snap peas, Green Soybeans, Bean sprouts, bamboo shoots)
Bell Peppers (Green and Yellow) together sliced lengthwise 1/2 cup
Olive Oil 1 tblsp
Dried basil 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Spinach 1 cup
Walnut 3 tblsp toasted
Red chilly flakes
Sundried Tomato ¼ cup
Nutmeg ½ tsp (Optional)
Garlic 4 cloves
Hot pasta Water 1 cup
1) Place large pan add water when it is comes to rolling boil add salt and cook spaghetti as per package direction.
2) Once pasta is cooked drain and save 1 cup of pasta water.
3) In a wide pan add 1 tsp oil, when it is hot add garlic and roast for 2 mins then add spinach and fry for another 5 mins.
4) Add all the pesto ingredients in a blender and grind to smooth paste.
5) Microwave veggies (I used frozen vegetables) on high for 4 mins. If you are using fresh vegetables cook them separately.
6) In the same pan add remaining oil, when it is hot add bell pepper and sauté for 5 mins.
7) Then add the pesto paste, vegetables and cook on medium low heat for 5 mins.
8) Add the cooked pasta, Salt and if required add little pasta water and cook on low heat for 5 mins.
9) Turn off the heat and garnish with dried basil leaves. Serve Hot.
This goes to It's A vegan World: A food Event hosted By Vaishali