When the temperature goes above 90 Degrees, I do not feel like eating rotis and dal. I consume more liquid and cook a yogurt based curry like tambuli or sasame. Mustard is called saseme in Tulu and sasive in Kannada. These curries are easy to make and tastes great!!
Cucumber 1 peeled and chopped
Grated Coconut ½ cup
Mustard 2 tsp + ½ tsp for seasoning
Red chilies 2
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Yogurt ½ cup
Curry leaves 1 strand
Hing a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1) Grind together coconut, mustard, red chilies, cumin seeds to smooth paste adding little water at a time and set aside.
2) Beat the yogurt and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, add chopped cucumber, yogurt, coconut mixture, salt and mix well.
4) Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, when it starts to pop add curry leaves and hing.
5) Add the seasoning to the cucumber mixture and mix again.
6) Serve with hot rice.