Besan (Chickpea) Flour 1 cup
Grated coconut 1 cup
Ghee 1 cup
Milk 1 cup
Sugar 3 cup (I have used 2 1/2 cup)
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Roasted cashew 1/4 cup
1) In a heavy bottom pan roast besan flour with 1 tsp of ghee on medium flame for 5 mins.
2) To this mixture add grated coconut, milk, ghee and sugar.
3) Stir well to avoid lumps and let the mixture come to a boil.
4) Then reduce the heat to medium low.
5) Keep stirring to ensure the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
6) After about 25 to 30 mins the mixture becomes a single mass and starts leaving the pan.
7) At this stage add cardamom and cashew and mix well.
8) Turn off the heat and pour the mixture immediately on a greased plate.
9) Cut to desired shape with a greased knife when the mixture is still warm.
10) When the mixture is completely cool, store it in an airtight container and enjoy this melt in your mouth goodness.