Seemebadane (Chayote Squash) 2 peeled and cubed
Green chilies 2 chopped finely
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Urad dal 1tsp
Chana dal 1 tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Sugar 1 tsp (Optional)
Hing a pinch
Oil 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
1) Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds when it splutters add urad dal, Chana dal, curry leaves, green chilies, hing and fry for 2 min.
2) Add cubed chayote, turmeric and mix well.
3) Drizzle 1 tblsp of water and turn the heat to medium low and cook until chayote is soft but still holds the shape (Around 10 mins). Keep stirring in between.
4) After chayote is cooked add salt, sugar (if using) and cook for 2 mins.
5) Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
6) Serve this with chapathi or roti.
Archana, Nithya and Ashwini have shared these lovely awards with me. Thank you girls for your encouragement and affection.
Archana of Archy’s Recipe Book has passed these “Circle of Friends” Award and “You are a sweet” award. Thank you Archy for these lovely awards.
Nithya of A culinary Odyssey has passed “Circle of friends” “Blogging with a purpose” and “Yum Yum blog” Award. Thank you Nithya for thinking of me.
The award states that:
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Now comes the most difficult part. I have to choose 8 bloggers and pass this award.As Ashwini told its hard to find just 8. I would like to pass this award to: