HAPPY GANESHA CHATURTHI TO ALL OF YOU
MAY LORD GANESHA BLESS YOU WITH SUCCESS IN ALL ENDEAVORS
Coconut Milk 2 cups (Freshly extracted preferably)
Milk 2 cups
Sugar 1 ¼ cup (You can add ½ cup more, adjust accordingly)
Cardamom Powder ½ tsp
Silvered almonds and Pistachios 1/4 cup
Extracting Fresh Coconut Milk:
For this use 1 cup grated or chopped coconut (Fresh Coconut not frozen) in a blender and add ½ cup water and process it. Remove the coconut mixture and strain it on a fresh cloth or tea strainer to extract milk. Use the same leftover coconut and add another ¼ cup of water and process once again and collect the milk.
To Make the Burfi/Fudge
1) Heat milk and coconut milk in a heavy bottom pan.
2) Once the milk comes to boil add sugar.
3) Once this mixture comes to boil reduce the heat to medium and keep stirring in between.
4) In the meantime grease a plate with little ghee and keep it aside.
5) After 20 to 30 mins the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the pan.
6) Add the mixed nuts and cardamom powder and mix well.
7) Turn off the heat and pour the mixture immediately on the greased plate and spread it evenly using a spatula.
8) When the mixture is still warm cut to desired shape using a greased knife.
9) Keep it aside for 2 hours. When it is cool separate them and store it in airtight container.