Okra thinly sliced
Grated Coconut ½ cup
Mustard 2 tsp + ½ tsp for seasoning
Red chilies 2
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Yogurt ½ cup
Curry leaves 1 strand
Hing a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 1 tblsp
1) Grind together coconut, mustard, red chilies, cumin seeds to smooth paste adding little water at a time and set aside.
2) Beat the yogurt and set aside.
3) Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add the sliced okra and fry on medium heat until okra is soft and crunchy. Turn off the heat and let it cool for 10 mins.
4) In a large bowl, add cooked okra, yogurt, coconut mixture, salt and mix well.
5) Heat remaining oil in a pan and add mustard, when it starts to pop add curry leaves and hing.
6) Add the seasoning to the okra mixture and mix again.
7) Serve with hot rice.