HAPPY 2010 to all my blogger friends. Its been a while since I posted anything here. Thanks girls for checking on me. All is well at my end, was busy attending all the get together that my lovely friends had hosted :)
Mangalore cucumber 1 washed and cubed
Black eyed peas 1 cup
Toor dal 1 cup
Jaggery 2 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander seeds 2 tsp
Chana dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Red chilies 4
Methi seeds 1/4 tsp
Tamarind paste 2 tsp
Coconut grated 1 cup
Mustard 1 tsp
Hing 1 tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Oil 2 tsp
1) Wash and soak black eyed peas with 3 cup of water overnight. Cook in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle and set aside.
2) Pressure cook toor dal for 3 whistles and set aside.
3) In the meantime, heat a pan and dry roast coriander seeds, Jeera, Urad dal, Chana dal, Methi seeds and red chilies.
4) Once the mixture is cool, grind it to smooth paste along with tamarind and coconut.
5) Heat a pan and cook cubed cucumber with turmeric and 1 cup of water until its tender, would take around 8 mins.
6) Once the cucumber is cooked, add toor dal and cooked black eyed peas, jaggery and salt.
7) Let this mixture come to a boil, around 5 mins. Then add the grinded coconut mixture and 1 cup of water mix well.
8) Cook on medium low heat for another 10 mins.
9) In separate pan heat 2 tsp oil, add mustard, when it stars to splutter add hing and curry leaves.