Boiled rice (Kusubalakki) 1 cup
Long grain rice ¼ th cup
Red Onion 1 finely chopped
Green chilies 2 finely chopped
Ginger 1 inch finely chopped
Curry leaves 1 strand finely chopped
Coriander leaves few
Grated coconut 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
1) Wash and Soak boiled rice and long grain rice together in 3 cups of water overnight.
2) Grind the soaked rice to smooth paste adding little water at a time. The batter has to be thick.
3) Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
4) Heat the tava, When it is hot add a handful of the batter and spread it with your fingers. Brush some oil on top if required. Cover the lid and cook for 3 mins on medium flame.
5) Turn over and cook the other side for another 3 mins.
6) Serve with chutney or just ghee and pickle.